sexta-feira, outubro 06, 2023

Read Keith's take on the new Album (Rolling Stones)

 

...

“I’ve never ever not had fun recording, but this one had real urgency and energy, We blitzkrieged that thing.” 

“I’d say anything to get the band together, you know. I’d lie to my mother.”



“The thing with Mick and me is that people only hear about the squabbles, and they forget there’s like 15 years between one squabble and another, we’re sewn together at the hip. And now and again, you know, we try to break the stitches. But we love each other.”
“Sitting around during Covid, doing nothing, Mick stocked up a lot of lyrics and ideas, Let’s make a record, find a deadline, take it from A to B’. Which is very un-Stones like. I was a little sceptical, but I said, OK, if you think you have enough stuff, I’m with you all the way.”



“I had very little input in the ­lyrics, but a lot of input in how the tracks were shaped, building riffs around what Mick had. I was interested in capturing his enthusiasm. The urgency and speed with which we did this amazed me. Bam! There’s a good take, next!” 

Paul happened to be in town, and we couldn’t keep him away, bless his heart. And hey, if you can get one of the Beatles on your track, you know, you do it.” Besides, he adds, “Paul’s a very amiable cat to play with; we’ve been great friends forever.”

“I feel like part of the rhythm section … I just do what feels right at the time, and what fits with what everybody else is playing. It’s an endless task. But, you know, I got the riffs!”


Keith Richards 

...


...





 

Sem comentários: